A warm Boston Media House (BMH) welcome to the 2022 academic year at our college! This moment is a very special and life-changing one. It is reflective of a future that awaits you upon completion of your qualification with us.
We are excited to have you join us on your academic journey and will be here to assist you every step of the way. While the COVID-19 pandemic has created many challenges for our country and education institutions, it has also allowed us to create stimulating innovations to take you through the learning process. We look forward to welcoming you all onto campus when appropriate, but until then, we have had to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff in this unprecedented time. It is for this reason that we are appropriately managing all campus-based activities and will be using a mix of on-campus and online learning, or what is commonly referred to as a blended learning approach. The lessons of 2021 were valuable, and we are sure the online teaching methods BMH uses will keep you actively engaged throughout your learning journey.
All Final year, Graphic design and Animation subjects will be offered in the contact mode, for each lesson at the campus. First and second-year subjects will be offered on rotation in the contact mode at the campus, the week the subject is not in contact mode, it is required that there is either a) virtual class for these sessions or a pre-recorded class for both the full- and part-time version of the subject. Here is a schedule of the required contact and virtual/pre-recorded classes:
|Week 1 – 14 February||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 2 – 21 February||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 3 – 28 February||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 4 – 7 March||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 5 – 14 March||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 6 – 22 March||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 7 – 28 March||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 8 – 4 April||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 9 – 11 April||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 10 – 18 April||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 11 – 25 April||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 12 – 2 May||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 13 – 9 May||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 14 – 16 May||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 15 (1) – 1 August||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 16 (2) – 8 August||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 17 (3) – 15 August||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 18 (4) – 22 August||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 19 (5) – 29 August||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 20 (6) – 5 September||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 21 (7) – 12 September||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 22 (8) – 19 September||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 23 (9) – 26 September||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 24 (10) – 3 October||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 25 (11) – 10 October||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 26 (12) – 17 October||Final and Second year||First-year|
|Week 27 (13) – 24 October||Final and First year||Second-year|
|Week 28 (14) – 31 October||Final and Second year||First-year|
- Modules will continue to be taught using a combination of online teaching and learning (on ColCampus, Boston Media House’s Learning Management System (LMS) – for more details please refer to our introductory video) and manageable face-to-face sessions on campus where and when necessary.
- If you need to be on campus for practical work or any other reasons other than your scheduled contact class, your campus, as well as Academic Manager for the specific subject will let you know.
- You may also need to come onto campus for certain assessments such as Sound Engineering, Graphics, and Animation assignments. Again, your campus, as well as Academic Manager for the specific subject will let you know if this is the case.
- Lecturers will continue to use ColCampus, supplemented by additional resources and platforms, to ensure that you remain on track with your learning. We continuously improve our online engagement.
- Some changes as the situation allow will occur, which may be discipline-specific. These changes will be communicated to you by your campus, as well as Academic Manager for the specific subject.
- Please stay on the alert for these messages and, remember, these changes are important to ensure academic success!
- Boston Media House is committed to keeping your studies on track and your department, and the campus will keep you informed about how to manage your learning.
The best way to make sure you know what to do is to log in to ColCampus. After watching the below video on how to access ColCampus, be sure to visit:
ColCampus – General Information, module: Orientation for further information.