For learners who have not achieved a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with endorsement can benefit from higher education.
This short learning programme covers a range of social, economic and educational purposes, including access to higher education, personal fulfilment and social development and citizenship.
Download the factsheet for additional, detailed programme information.
- Media Studies Gateway Short Learning Access Programme
- Aligned to the Boston Media House Diploma in Media Practices programme (SAQA Id 83166 | NQF (HEQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 362)
- Visit a Boston Media House branch to find out how you save on your fees as part of the Invest in SA Subsidy
- Be able to gain admission to the Boston Media House Diploma in Media Practices programme based on an aggregate score of 60% across all short learning programme modules.
- Be able to use media-specific science and technology.
- Understand the mutual influence between culture and media.
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION REGULATION 24h
The following category of students are eligible for admission into the short learning programme:
- Category 1: applicants aged 18 or older with a grade 12 certificate and endorsement only for higher certificate studies.
- Category 2: applicants aged 23 or older with a grade 12 or the equivalent certificate and no endorsement.
Alternative entry requirements
Short Learning Programme structure
- Computer Literacy 0 (MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Academic Literacy 1
- Marketing 1
- Advertising 1
- Radio 1